You’ve lost your precious job which provided the entire financial support. What do you do now? Remain calm and take a breather – there’s always a job that is waiting to be searched for. This will let the long process begin while you hunt for new employment.
How do I claim unemployment benefits? do I begin?
Be aware that you’ll receive back credits after the second week after filing even when state employment offices could take some duration to review your request the first time.
- Check your eligibility to apply and get to apply and receive the. The eligibility criteria are set by the state unemployment programs, and you can refer to the unemployment eligibility section to determine if you’ve fulfilled all requirements. This is an easy test to see whether you’re eligible to receive unemployment insurance.
- The reason you lost your job is due to the employer’s inability to continue job opportunities. If you were dismissed or laid off for your own negligence, you aren’t eligible to receive unemployment benefits.
- The majority of seasonal or part-time jobs do not qualify for unemployment insurance
- Estimate the number of benefits you are entitled to with the calculation of unemployment. Eligibility is determined by your personal information. This intelligent tool gives you an instant estimate of benefits based on the information you provide us with.
- Find the state unemployment agency. You can use the state unemployment guidelines and this Interactive map available here to locate this state-run agency’s phone number office address and website in case you decide to file your unemployment online.
- Choose the best method for filing. Most state unemployment offices will allow you to submit your claims online or via phone. It is recommended to file online, or through the state agency since the telephone methods can be susceptible to errors in data entry and you don’t want to delay the processing of claims your first time. It is always possible to use the telephone method to get unemployment benefits.
- Make sure to document the documents. According to a study around 50 percent of applicants do not qualify for unemployment benefits because of the lengthy paperwork procedures. Many states have streamlined the complexity as you see in this State of Michigan unemployment data collecting form that is just one page. Below is an overview of the things that are generally required when filing the paperwork. Note that certain States may require more information.
- Name of the previous employer within the last two years as well as their information.
- An approximate. estimate of dates and the duration of each job. In general, employers do not give the information to states.
- If you belong to an organization, you must have the name and the local number of the union
- The reason you quit the job must be voluntary to be eligible for benefits
- Once you’ve applied to receive unemployment insurance, you must wait for your benefits check to arrive and be optimistic! It takes 2-3 weeks for the state offices to process your claim and then issue the check. Continue to search for work during the time frame. Learn new skills, study new books, or look for an affordable volunteer opportunity to keep your mind active. Keep in mind that you are looking for work; there’s no reason to disappoint yourself.
- Apply for jobs through the state employment service. This is not mandatory however, many of the state unemployment agencies provide jobs services at no cost when you sign up. They can help you find jobs within and outside the state. They’ll provide counseling to locate the job you want. They will also guide you to training programs at a discounted rate or direct you to other organizations if you require specific assistance.
- Continue to submit a claim for benefits from unemployment every week or two times to inform the unemployment office that you’re still qualified for benefits. Also, you must declare any earnings received, or job offers you’ve received.
Claim unemployment benefits for more states
You must make your claims in the state where you worked even if you don’t reside in the state at present. If you’ve been employed in more than one state, or you’re not currently living in the state you worked for the duration of the year You can still call the local unemployment insurance offices close to where you live. They might be able to help you with your claims
Many people are leaving and some make money out of such jobs which allow you to work at the comfort of your home. Earning money online is real and requires almost no money.
Are you tired of searching for work? Find ways to earn money online.